Week of November 23, 2020
Dearest Parents of our Sensational Students of P.S. 56,
I love telling our students (and my grandchildren) that I have THE best job in the world, because I DO! In every moment, of every day, I get to see our school-wide dedication to excellence and the children we serve! Always striving to be better than our last best, I have the privilege to be part of the most loving and caring school family, and I never take this for granted. I know how blessed I am. Our students – your children – are AMAZING! From kindergarten through grade 5, they fill our days and hearts with so much happiness. They always put the biggest smiles on our faces – it is ever so true that joy is unbreakable and perfectly safe in the hands of a child! We are so tremendously proud of all our students. Whether learning in-person in our building or learning remotely at home, they are all Super Star Students! Our gratitude to you, dearest parents, continues to be immeasurable and constant. On behalf of the entire staff of P.S. 56: thank you from our hearts to yours.
Below are some important updates for this week of November 23, 2020:
- Due to the 3% COVID-19 positivity rate in NYC, all school buildings are temporarily closed to in-person learning this week. ALL LEARNING will be remote (at home) this week for all our students. All our students should be on their devices for their daily morning meetings with their teachers. Attendance will be taken each day. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need any support. Thank you for your ongoing patience and flexibility. You and your children are truly amazing!
- P.S. 56 will continue providing breakfast and lunch Grab and Go meals Mondays through Fridays, from 9 a.m. to 12 noon. No identification or registration is necessary. Grab and Go meals will not be available this Thursday, Thanksgiving Day and Friday, November 27. Grab and Go meals will resume on Monday, November 30, after the Thanksgiving holiday weekend. This wonderful and delicious service is available to all children and families. Anyone can come and pick up a meal/meals at this time.
- Report cards will be available for all our parents on December 1.
- Our next learning/grading period begins on December 7. Approximately 50 more students will be switching to Blended Learning at that time. We are waiting for guidance from Mayor de Blasio regarding the reopening of NYC DOE school buildings. I will keep you updated as we receive additional guidance.
- Thank you to all our parents who were able to participate in our annual Title One meeting and election last Thursday, November 19. Congratulations to our newly elected Title One representative Rocio Zumaya and Title One alternate Hazera Hussain.
As always, my gratitude to all our families is immeasurable. Uncertainties and challenges may continue during these unprecedented times, but so does my tremendous gratitude for all of you. Your patience, flexibility, understanding, kindness and support inspire me. Thank you! On behalf of the entire P.S. 56 staff, I am wishing all our families the happiest and most blessed Thanksgiving Day, filled with an overabundance of love and laughter. May every moment become a cherished memory. We love you all! #BestFamiliesEver!